To design, build and finance a 2400m2 primary care centre to house:
- A 10 GP practice
- Open access centre
- Community nursing team
- Drug advisory services
- Sexual health clinics
- Training facilities
- A 100 hour pharmacy
- Site to be close to existing practice
- Site identified was tight for size of building
- Complex consultation with residents
- Design challenging due to size of site
- Urban location
- Party Wall
- Architects: KMB Limited
- Project Managers: KMB Limited
- Building Contractor: Lindum Construction
- Structural Engineers: Ward Cole
Urban Patient Care
The £4.5m development resulted in a multi-level building which housed all the GPs and staff who on the old site had been in cramped conditions and portakabins.
The new premises allows the continued delivery of quality care but in a more positive environment for GPs, other health professionals and of course patients.
Derby Open Access Centre, one of the first GP Led Health Centres in the country is also housed onsite and is run by One Medical’s sister company and primary care service provider, One Medicare.
“OneMedical Property performed to a high standard through the development process and we found them to be a committed team who strive to deliver the very essence of patient centred development.”